Signed in as:
Signed in as:
This Manufacturer’s Warranty is provided via Hacks Glass & Screens. For all enquiries please message us providing a brief description of the issue & we will get back to you requesting photos. In some cases proof of purchase may also be required.
Subject always to any overriding obligation pursuant to the ACL, warranty shall be void for the following reasons:
– Inability to provide proof of purchase or equivalent documentation.
– Products not installed by a licensed tradesperson if appropriate.
– Products not installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation instructions.
– Products exposed to environmental elements.
– Products used for incorrect applications
– Services repairs or with non standard replacement parts previously undertaken without our written approval.
– Damage to finishes by adhesives, sealants etc.
– Damage to finishes which arise from DIY installation or post installation use.
– Failure to observe manufacturers care & cleaning instructions.
– The warranty work is limited to the pre approved scope of work. Additional work will require authorization from Hacks Glass & Screens.
– Evidence cannot be produced which confirms that the relevant product was purchased from Hacks Glass & Screens.
We undertake to cover the repair or, at our option, the replacement of any products which are defective through faulty workmanship or materials.
The warranty period commences from date of purchase or for new buildings date of handover to a maximum period of 6 months. The warranty period for replacement products is limited to the expiry date of the original purchase. The warranty is limited to the original purchaser & is non transferable.
In order to make a warranty claim, Proof of Purchase (POP), handover documentation for new homes or equivalent documentation must be supplied for warranty claims to be considered.
We will not be liable for any claims for labour, additional products or parts associated with alleged faulty product for work not approved in advance by us in writing.
Should any warranty claim be made & attended to by Hacks Glass & Screens or their Agent & that in the opinion of the Agent the problem was from faulty unlicensed installation or use of the goods in conjunction with products of another manufacturer or from some other cause other than a manufacturing defect to the goods for which we are responsible, we have the right to charge a service fee for each service staff attending the Owner’s premise where goods have been installed by an unlicensed person.
Hacks Glass & Screens requires adequate access to products, to undertake warranty repairs. We will not be responsible for any consequential damage or costs where there is inadequate access to products.
The glass & mirror used is Toughened to Australian Standards AS2208. If frameless shower screens are knocked or placed on a hard surface they will form a stress point in the glass & explode into safety granules.
If, however, this strong glass is hit with a hammer in the middle, it won’t break. Most breakages are a result of edge impacts.
Note: The corners & edges are very vulnerable when installing shower screens. This is one of the main reasons why we recommend the shower screen installation be handled by a licenced installer as their qualified Installers know & understand how to handle glass.
Glass is a highly fragile product, if it is determined that the breakage is due to stress impact the replacement will be determined at a cost to the customer. Hacks Glass & Screens will not be liable for consequential damages of breakages.
Mirror & White Glass Care & Cleaning Instructions
- Your mirror & glass should be cleaned with hot soapy water.
- Cleaners of a gritty or abrasive nature should not be used.
- Care should be taken to avoid contact with strong chemicals such as solvents
- Glass cleaners can be used but with caution, if in doubt contact the manufacturer of the cleaner in question.
- Never use harsh detergents, or abrasive cleaners, only hot soapy water.
- All parts are to be checked before installation.
Note: Hacks Glass & Screens reserves the right to alter, or amend this warranty offer in writing at any time. We reserve the right to provide minor components (eg. handles, caps, hinges, buttons, clips, rod & braces) as ‘Parts Only’ to the customer.